On Monday 10 November 2003 09:50 am, Anders Lind wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 10:40:18 -0500
>
> "Lanman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Just curious about something. How many of the list members
> > are using
> > Linux in the workplace and how?
> > I think it would be encouraging to see who's doing what
> > with it, and
> > which distro's, whether they're seeing
> > an increase in business because of Linux and what
> > interesting things
> > they're doing with Linux.
> >
> > It might prove to be an interesting source of information
> > for
> > newbie's to know what can be done with Linux,
> > especially when it's applied in a production environment.
> > We see all
> > kinds of articles regarding Linux, but
> > it's very hard to contact those people to see how something
> > was done,
> > and what Tips 'n' Tricks were used
> > to accomplish a particular task.
> >snip>
> /Anders
We use Mandrake for our small business, (furniture repair). It is used to do
letters with OO.org and the books with gnucash now that they have business
functions incorporated. Oh and email and surfing. Not a large operation just
three of us. Linux is a complete solution now, no matter what the other
naysayers naysay. : )
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842