Lanman wrote:

Just curious about something. How many of the list members
are using
Linux in the workplace and how?

Lanman

Lanman,

I use Linux mandrake 9.1 both at home and at work .( writing from there now )
I work at an Information management company that does record storage, Microfilming, and Scanning.

I use word 2000 and excel in linux through crossover office 2.1.0 to print labels and reports.
this is on a dual booted win2000/Mdk 9.1 box. the network here is a combination of one win server 2003 and various
older windows units 98/98se/w2k/xp and 1 older win server- I can surf tthe network freely except for the win2003 tree.
I use an old HP Laser jet 5L to print with and have NO problems with anything.
I didn't have to do any tweaking I can remember, it just installed and worked. I have done updates and such
all thru mcc and it was boring.

I have played around with a lot of different themes and styles , etc and haven't broken anything yet.
we even have regular power outs but it hasn't hurt anything yet.

all and all very boring to report really.

-- Mike McNeese Springdale, Arkansas USA