I think that you'll find that this is the case in most
installations Mike. Usually, once it's set up and
configured, Linux will usually bore you to tears in how
dependable it is. Unless your clients or
employers require additional administration or
servers/services, you'll typically find that they don't
need you very much, unless it's for other services. (
Whimper! )

In a way, I actually like that. It gives me the freedom to
take on new clients and to prove the value of
Linux. I was actually embarrassed one time, when speaking
with a bunch of Microsoft-based Admins
when I asked them how many times a month they re-booted
their servers. Most of them were saying
that they had to, or decided to reboot once a week! When
they asked me how often I rebooted, I told
the truth. Either never, or only when there was a power
failure. They thought I was nuts until I told them
I use Linux, at which point, they got real curious!

Needless to say, there's a few more Microsoft "Ex-Patriots"
in Montreal now!

Ya Gotta Love Payback! All those guys who use to think that
Linux was "Way Out There" are giving
it a second look now!

Lanman

On 11/10/2003 at 10:17 AM mike wrote:
>I use Linux mandrake 9.1 both at home and  at work .(
writing from there
>now )
>I work at an Information management company  that does
record storage,
>Microfilming, and Scanning.
>
>I use word 2000 and excel in linux through crossover
office 2.1.0 to
>print labels and reports.
>this is on a dual booted win2000/Mdk 9.1 box. the network
here is a
>combination of one win server 2003 and various
>older windows units  98/98se/w2k/xp and 1 older win
server- I can surf
>tthe network freely except for the win2003 tree.
>I use an old HP Laser jet 5L to print with and have NO
problems with
>anything.
>I didn't have to do any tweaking I can remember, it just
installed and
>worked. I have done updates and such
>all thru mcc and it was boring.
>
>I have played around with a lot of different themes and
styles , etc and
>haven't broken anything yet.
>we even have regular power outs but it hasn't hurt
anything yet.