From: Lanman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 3:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [newbie] Linux in the Business World - Speak Up !

Just curious about something. How many of the list members
are using
Linux in the workplace and how?
I think it would be encouraging to see who's doing what
with it, and
which distro's, whether they're seeing
an increase in business because of Linux and what
interesting things
they're doing with Linux.

It might prove to be an interesting source of information
for
newbie's to know what can be done with Linux,
especially when it's applied in a production environment.
We see all
kinds of articles regarding Linux, but
it's very hard to contact those people to see how something
was done,
and what Tips 'n' Tricks were used
to accomplish a particular task.

MandrakeSoft has a special site
(http://www.mandrakebizcases.com ),
that allows anyone to post their
particular application of Linux, but for the most part you
can't get
the hands-on info from those companies
or individuals.

Is this something we could/should add to the Twiki site?
Comments?

Lanman

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This message, and any associated attachment is confidential. If you have
received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or
disclose the information in any way, and notify either Tony S. Sykes
or the postmaster <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  immediately.

necessarily the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd., unless
specifically stated.

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that emails and their
attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient(s)
to verify the integrity of such emails.

Business Computer Projects Ltd
BCP House
151 Charles Street