Lanman wrote:
Just curious about something. How many of the list members
are using
Linux in the workplace and how?
I think it would be encouraging to see who's doing what
with it, and
which distro's, whether they're seeing an increase in business because of Linux and what
interesting things
they're doing with Linux.

I'm using Linux at work in a university department for the usual office stuff and as a local FTP server (though I seem to be the only person who makes much use of this). I use LyX for my own academic writing and OpenOffice for correcting/commenting on student papers (I've set up a series of styles and macros for this, which makes it a lot easier).

However, my boss has just informed me that there is a new policy requiring all teachers to use Windows 98. War may be declared.

Sir Robin

--
"The other major kind of computer is the "Apple", which I do not
recommend, because it is a wuss-o-rama New-Age computer that you

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533