---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 18:42:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jaswinder S. Ahluwalia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Lilo

To whom it may concern,

I am running windows 98 on my machine with a 8 gb hard disk. I used fips
to create a new partition (2 gb). Now my set up is 6gb and 2gb. I used
disk druid to delte that partition and create two more the size of 1872 mb
(linux native) and 128 mb (swap).

I recently tried to install linux mandrake 6.1 but failed. When prompted
if i would like to create a boot disk, i said yes but an error message
came up that asked if wanted to go to the previous step, retry, or go into
the install menu. I hit retry several times and used different floppies
but i kept getting the same error. I decided to move on. when trying to
set up lilo, i recieved  the same error again, no matter what i set as the
default os and no matter which partition i decided to set up lilo on
(linux native or master boot record).

Does any body have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Jas