On Fri, Oct 22, 1999 at 08:42:17PM -0400, David P. Greenberg wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Oct 1999, ibi wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm so new I haven't even loaded Linux; I've never seen a Linux screen
> > and I don't know one command. When you pick yourself up off the floor I
> > have one question. I've decided on Mandrake based on the strength of
> > support. Where do I go to begin to learn the raw basics? My goal is to
> > have a pure Linux box.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Pj
>
> --Well, you've come to the right place. This list is chock full of people
> who can help you. One thing I'd suggest is, at least at first, go for a
> dual boot setup. Don't trash you Win95 untill you're really strong in
> Linux. It's not the easiest learning curve around. But, once you get a
> handle on it, I'm sure you'll love it. I know I do.

The biggest reason to keep Win95 around during the first few weeks is
because there are BOUND to be problems.  And you're going to need a working
Internet connection until you get the Linux side talking to the 'net.

I know most of my first few weeks with Linux were in Windows... hanging out
on an IRC channel trying to get some help!

--
Steve Philp
Network Administrator