Hi,
Well you can start by reading the manual that came with your mandrake (if you
got the box set). if you downloaded it or just havnt got a manual you can pick
up some realy good linux newbie books at your local library or you can buy
better ones at a book shop depending on how much you want to spend.
You can also get text documentation on the internet like www.linux.org
and www.redhat.com (redhat has a whole ftp full of how-to doc's).
i baught the box'd set of "The complete LINUX Operating System 6.5" which came
with Mandrake 6.1 and the books "Teach yourself KDE 1.1 in 24 hours", "Teach
yourself GIMP in 24 hours", "Teach yourself Linux in 24 hours", "Linux
Unleashed 6" and "Using Linux - special edition" all included on the cdrom.
I hope that helps you in someway.

Mr-X-