"Ernest N. Wilcox Jr." wrote:

> The "no boards found" line tells us that pnpdump is not seeing your card
> (obviously). Your sound card has the same chip set as mine. I read somewhere
> something about edge detection with respect to setting up the card, so I went
> into my BIOS settings, and changed the setting for detection from "level" to
> "edge". Then I was able to set up the card.

You have led the horse to the water, now is time to drink
it.  You just gave me a hint on where to look.  I read
somewhere during my initial install that I should set the
PNP in BIOS to off.  (Anyone care to contradict that?).  So
when I set if to 'on', wallah, I get sound without going
thru' sndconfig. But, there's a big BUT there,   the
notebook doesn't detect my PCMCIA slots, so no network.

Back to the drawing board, but I feel I'm getting closer.
Turned off the PNP in BIOS and I'm back again.  Let me dig
thru' the PCMCIA-HOWTO again and I'll get back on the
outcome.

Any kind soul have any suggestions on what could be the
cause of this?

--
Ronald Yeo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]