On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> "Ernest N. Wilcox Jr." wrote:
> >
> > And to think I was trying to help this thief a few days ago ...
>
> Indeed...
>
> I did get a nice reply from 4Front/OSS about the problem.  They've got a
> nice little handle on the situation it would seem.
>
> Look for a future version of OSS to use another unlock method.  Rather
> nice that they've got those modules defined against certain kernels.
> Once you go past a certain point, you need a new set of modules from
> them.  For normal, paying customers, it's no big deal, the upgrades are
> included in your $20.  For the thieves in the crowd, they have a
> wonderful choice of coughing up the bucks or sticking with the ancient
> kernel.  Hehehe..

Yep. I got much the same message. As I told them, I have no need of
their product right now, but I'd HATE to have to see them go out of
business, so that in the future, if I *did* need their product it
wouldn't be there, or it would be so darned expensive, due to having
to charge each LEGITIMATE user for 4 or 5 pirates!
Keep up the fight, guys!!
        John