On Tuesday 09 December 2003 15:25, Paul O'Rorke wrote:
> Hi I'm trying to install the kernel_source so I can run the NVIDIA driver,
> but when I try to use the Mandrake 9.2 software installer I get a message
> that the rpm has a missing signature, could not open file.  It doesn't seem
> to matter where I get the package from, Mandrake_Updates, elsewhere - same
> result.  I found a package from rpmfind.net, but when I ran the NVIDIA
> installer it complains that it is the wrong source as nvidia isn't
> mentioned. What exactly is the signature and is the problem at my end?
>
> Also wondering why I can (and did) install the updated the kernel to
> 2.4.22-21mdk, but the matching source?
>
> Any ideas?

You need kernel-source-2.4.22 for that kernel. It should be on your CD set.
It shouldn't give a missing signature if it comes from there.
If you are sure about the source of the rpm you can ignore it and install the
package anyway.
Run "uname -a" to check what kernel you're running, apparently it doesn't
correspond to the kernel-source you installed, or so it seems from the
nvidia-installer complaints.

Good luck,
HarM
--