On Monday 29 Dec 2003 1:45 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Monday 29 December 2003 13:27, Steven Nelson wrote:

> > That is the problem, on all of the terminals that are
> > avaible with Mandrake 9.2 none of them will let the left click menu
> > appear. When I used Mandrake 9.1 there was one terminal that had
> > that feature, it is not with Mandrake 9.2.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by this one, Seven, and since I don't use
> 9.2 I'll let someone else try to answer that.

I assume that you mean right-click menu, or that you have a left-handed mouse,
since there is no left click menu anywhere that I am aware of.

Which terminal program are you using? "konsole" (the default KDE terminal)
works fine here, it has a menu bar with copy and paste under the "Edit"
entry, and right clicking gives me a context menu with copy and paste
options.  "konsole" is the only option on the K menu "Terminals" submenu.

I found "eterm" didn't understand the Windows/KDE copy and paste methodology,
but did understand the highlight-and-middle-click X methodology. And that
caused a problem with some KDE apps that used only the KDE method. But eterm
isn't installed as standard. xterm may suffer the same problem, but so far as
I can see, that isn't installed as standard either.

(Just for the record I agree with everyone's comments on your memory situation
- you don't have a problem.)

--
Richard Urwin