On January 6, 2004 04:27 pm, JoeHill wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 15:30:31 -0800
>
> "Paul O'Rorke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > What do I need to do in order to track down the cause of the problem?
>
> Try adding 'acpi=off' and 'noapic' to the 'append' line in your
> /etc/lilo.conf, run 'lilo' as root, then reboot.

OK - tried that, but ironically it hung on that very reboot!  Next time I went
into the BIOS and dissabled APIC and it still hung on booting.  Missed the
window to run fsck on the nect boot.  Should I be doing it with the system
up?  Do I need to exit X?

I'll try the re-install, hope I can stop the cycle....
--
Paul O'Rorke

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (school)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (legacy/home)