As a matter of interest you wouldn't know how to add white text to photo images would you, so far I haven't figured it out. I suppose I should ask this as another thread, still it is font related.

Not offhand if I can find Gokking the Gimp i might be able to find out.

John

I had a fiddle with gimp last night and found,

After displaying the image file in gimp in the usual way,
double LMC the " T " in the gimp window, up comes tool options, not sure
what it does.
Move cursor over image window and RMC --> tools - text .
LMC image window - up comes texttools
select font / size and type the required text in field provided - OK
grab text on image and drag to position.

Only trouble is it's Black Text only, how do you change the colour ?

note;
LMC = left mouse click
RMC= right mouse click

John

Later ===== This works better,

display image in gimp,
double LMC "T" in main tool box window,
insert |X| in Use dynamic text
move mouse cursor over image window,
LMC and the GDyn text window comes up,
select font size, and colour(click on black window icon),
select position from drop down menu,

type text and - OK,

This adds the text to picture in one of about
9 window positions.The main disadvantage, as far
as I can see, is that you cannot drag the text
around the image window to a customised position.
Choice is limited to a few limited positions.
For family snaps that would be OK, but for
profesional commercial art work I cannot think
that would be enough as they require a truely
flexible environment to create text and add it
in any position and style imageinable.I have
a feeling there are more ways than one in gimp.

John
--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]