Some of the packages I've installed are not available on the user menu in KDE. I know about the 'menu bug', and I've downloaded all the necessary updates, but some things are still missing.

When I go into menudrake as root, the panel for Available Applications contains all the missing packages. However, when I go into menudrake as user, the Available Applications panel is empty.

I can call up the applications if I open a terminal, but I'd rather have them on the user menu so I don't have to remember the commands! How do I get these Available Applications moved over to the user menu rather than just root? I've tried 'update-menus -v' as both root and user, but it makes no difference.

Margot