Margot wrote:

Thanks, but that isn't the problem. Perhaps I'm not explaining myself clearly... 2 snapshots attached, user and root versions of menudrake. The root version contains the list of available applications, the user one does not. I want to add some of these applications to the user menu, not the root menu - pointless having them on the root menu as I never log in as root. How do I get the available applications list into the user version of menudrake so I can then add them to the user menu?

Yes, I miss understood you. I looked at my settings under "menudrake" for root and system and I have all applications checked under menu style. Also running "menudrake" as user I have all applications checked. I do seem to have everything except some legasy apps, which can be added by issueing command "kappfinder" I believe.

As far as applications under available apps in menudrake I have none
in root,system, or user. I think they end up there if you remove
them or use adminitrative settings. I dont know why they dont show up in your menus if you have all applications checked in your user
menudrake.

Disregard this if you have allready tried this.
Run menudrake from mcc and set system to menustyle=all applications
then save it, and exit. Then as user open a terminal and run
"menudrake" and set menustyle=all applications and save it.
Log out and restart Xwindows.

-- Mike