mike wrote:
Margot wrote:

Thanks, but that isn't the problem. Perhaps I'm not explaining myself clearly... 2 snapshots attached, user and root versions of menudrake. The root version contains the list of available applications, the user one does not. I want to add some of these applications to the user menu, not the root menu - pointless having them on the root menu as I never log in as root. How do I get the available applications list into the user version of menudrake so I can then add them to the user menu?

Yes, I miss understood you.
I looked at my settings under "menudrake" for root and system
and I have all applications checked under menu style.
Also running "menudrake" as user I have all applications checked.
I do seem to have everything except some legasy apps, which can
be added by issueing command "kappfinder" I believe.

Kappfinder added 34 items to my menu, including some but not all the ones I was looking for. Unfortunately, when I tried menudrake again to get the rest, the ones I'd added from kappfinder disappeared again! And menudrake still didn't give me the rest! But I used kappfinder again to get back the 34, so I'm slightly better off than I was before - thanks for pointing out a useful tool.

Margot