Phil Savoie wrote:
On Saturday 24 January 2004 10:20, Margot wrote:

Some of the packages I've installed are not available on the user menu
in KDE. I know about the 'menu bug', and I've downloaded all the
necessary updates, but some things are still missing.

When I go into menudrake as root, the panel for Available Applications
contains all the missing packages. However, when I go into menudrake as
user, the Available Applications panel is empty.

I can call up the applications if I open a terminal, but I'd rather have
them on the user menu so I don't have to remember the commands! How do I
get these Available Applications moved over to the user menu rather than
just root? I've tried 'update-menus -v' as both root and user, but it
makes no difference.

Margot

> Hi Margot,
>
> What I have done in the past that works for me is in a terminal window, run
> menudrake. Let it build/sort the menu then save it.
>
> Phil

Phil,

Thanks for the reply, but I've already tried menudrake both as root and as user. The items I want to add to the user menu only appear in the 'root' version of menudrake - what I need to know is how to transfer this list of applications to the 'user' version of menudrake, so I can add them to the user menu.

Margot