On January 25, 2004 07:05, Margot wrote:
> ronald wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 22:49:53 +0000
> >
> > Margot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >>what I need to know is how to transfer
> >>this list of applications to the 'user' version of menudrake, so I can
> >>add them to the user menu.
> >
> > hey Margot,
> >
> > if you start menudrake as user there is an option to "Use system
> > administrator settings" in the actions > change-style tab
> >

> > HTH. ronald
>
> Thanks for the thought, but the 'system administrator' style has even
> less on it than the 'all applications' style that I've been using!

Hi Margot,

Hopefully you can get a terminal going after logging in as a user.  In that
terminal you can run su -   type in the root password when asked.  Then type
menudrake.
As the  menudrake program starts you will be asked to choose from from root
menu and system menu (users).   Choose system.  Let the program build/sort
the menu then save.
Inside the the menudrake program you will see at the top right 2 radio buttons
indicating   system/root  choose root this time then again let the program
build/sort menus then save.  Ignore the errors about DCOP server in term
window where you started the menudrake program.

Once this is done, your menus should be fine.

Hope this helps and I apologize for not going into more detail in my previous
post.

Regards,

Phil Savoie