On Saturday 24 January 2004 12:31 pm, Tom Brinkman wrote:

->    That said, if the system can't run 'mprime -m', 17 overnite,
->without stopping on hardware error, IMO the system hardware is
->not stable enough for Linux use.  If it can run cpuburn for an
->hour its bulletproof. Many Windoze boxes will fail cpuburn,
->specially ready mades (Dell, et al, and laptops). Shouldn't even
->try it.

Listen to what Tom says - we went thru this with my setup just a few months
ago. Turned out to be overheating. I couldn't run cpuburn for longer than a
couple of minutes without locking up hard. Added some cooling/mods and now it
runs it for an hour or more...

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                 Dark< >Lord