Erylon Hines wrote:
On Friday 30 January 2004 03:05 pm, Margot wrote:

Erylon Hines wrote:

On Sunday 25 January 2004 01:28 pm, Margot wrote:

Margot wrote:

Checked the files you suggested - all were installed except the first
one, and when I tried to get it this was the result:

unable to access rpm file [popt-1.8-22.1.92mdk.i586.rpm]
error registering local packages

I've tried rpm rebuilddb and urpmi update -a but with no luck. Any ideas
where this file should be?

Thanks
Margot

I'm betting that's the problem. All 6 packages must be installed to update and fix the package db bug.
Try rpmfind.net. and dl the individual package. I think I got mine from one of the Mandrake mirrors. Remember, I downloaded and installed the rpms individually because I'm on dial-up and a full package update for all of 9.2 would take me forever to download.
If you can't find it, I can mail it to you--it is only 63kb.

Ok so far... I've found the rpm through rpmfind, and downloaded it into a temporary directory. What do I do with it now? Is it as simple as opening konqeror (presumably as root) and dragging the rpm from its temporary home into the correct location? If so, where should it live?