On Wednesday 04 February 2004 09:47 am, John Richard Smith wrote:
> The only thing  about this heatsink that has me questioning it
> is the power of the retention spring clip itself. Compared to
> other makes and models I've fitted before, the retention clips
> are too easy to fit to the cpu.

     I'd question that also.  Every heatsink I've fitted to an AMD
needed the aid of a flat blade screw driver to force the
remaining clip to engage.  While making sure the heatsink is
square with the die.  The AMD pads on the cpu only aid in this
after the HS/fan are fitted.

    Which is the reason oem's and manufacturers favor the pad.
Less likely to cause damage the cpu during inept heatsink
installation.  Weaker retention clips can be used.
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas