----- Original Message -----
From: "H.J.Bathoorn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 09:54
Subject: Re: [newbie] How to clear autologin

Well that about only leaves the "failsafe" boot option doesn't it:)
If you didn't leave failsafe in the lilo menu; hit <ESC> and type "linux
init
1" at the prompt a nd hit <enter>

HB:It is still there.

Once in there you can run "mcc" (mandrake control center) by typing just
that
on the command line and see if you can reset the boot options from there

HB: I couldnt.

OR
as somebody else opted: Simply "urpme autologin" .

HB:The response is: "undnown package autologin".

>From there you can type "init 5" and (hopefully) go up to a gui login
screen.

HB:Guess which screen.  The 'ugly green one' of course.

If you want to see what's actually happening do "init 3", then login as you
and type "startx".
To kill the screen with the watch hit <CTRL><ALT>  <F1> ( or

HB:Blank screen with login prompt.

<Backspace>
instead of F1) and you can see the error messages.

>From what I've understood from your previous mails your windowmanagers are
in
a mess.

HB:Likely true.

Probably the best solution for that would be to insert the install CD again
and then opt for "upgrade". It's a short procedure (as everything's already
uptodate) which usually repairs the messed up Windowmanagers.

HB:I found module upgrade and used it

Good luck,

HB:I could use some.  Actually I used mine up.
The results here were obtained by doing what the previous text suggested.
The result was no different than the last time.  How do I kill  xdm, kdm, or
gdm?  How do I start them back up?  Maybe that will help.

Regards;
Hoyt