On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:55:03 -0500
Marc Resnick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

I'm not really sure. At what point on the rescue process did it freeze?
Exactly how far did you get? Were you able to get to the command line?
You may have some hardware conflicts or faulty bios settings. If the
rescue disks freeze your computer, then it's definitely not the kernel's
problem - unless it messed with the hardware in a permanent way. (This
is highly unlikely). I say try the rescue disks again, tell us how far
it gets, then try resetting the bios. Then try everything once more. If
that doesn't work, wait for Mandrake 10 to come out. You can choose
whether you want the 2.4 or 2.6 kernel at installation time.

John

--
Tue Feb 24 21:01:52 CST 2004

Small is beautiful.