On Friday 05 Mar 2004 12:27, David B. Carter wrote:
> First on the reply-to issue... I took it out once, but I must have not
> saved the changes. Sorry. Do I have to take it out of all identities? I
> would think it only needs to be changed in the one I use for list
> postings. Anyway, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully it won't be a problem
> for this message.
>
> As for alsa-utils, someone else asked me about that, but it is not
> currently on my system, and when I use RpmDrake to tell me what new
> packages are available for install, it's not listed there either. Do I
> need to just download and compile from the ALSA website, or is there
> another source to get mdk rpms from? If I do need to get it straight from
> ALSA, do I need to uninstall the current ALSA-related RPMs before doing
> so?
>
> Thanks. Sorry I'm so clueless...

alsa-utils is on the install CDs.
If it does not show up in rpmdrake then it may be already installed.
Or else maybe you only have 1 CD (I am not sure which one it is on)

If you cannot locate it just go here using konqueror
ftp://ftp.rediris.es/pub/linux/distributions/mandrake/9.2/i586/Mandrake/RPMS

and click on alsa-utils and it will install.

derek

Yes your Reply To is fine now. The only circumstance Reply To is ever useful
is if you send from one email account, but want replies to come back to  a
different one.

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org