On Friday 12 Mar 2004 7:37 pm, Charlie wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:27 pm, many eyes viewed Keith Powell's words:-
>
> > I have been having another attempt at getting spell checking in KWord
> > (1.2.92) to work, but again I have had no success.
> >
> > If anyone has got it working (preferably with English-United Kingdom
> > spellings), I would very much like to hear from you and find out exactly
> > how you did it!
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Keith
>
> If you type <aspell> into a terminal, there are many options that might
> help you configure it. Does Aspell work in OO.o or any other program or
> application that uses it. If so then it doesn't require any configuration I
> would imagine, unless there is a way to direct it into a programs path?
>
> Sorry,
> Can't think of anything else.
>
> CXharlie.

I have just tried running aspell in a terminal and manually checking a text
file. It works correctly, so it would appear that there is nothing wrong with
the Aspell installation. I'll carry on trying to find what's causing the
problem. Others don't have it with KWord, and I only get it with the KOffice
programs, so presumably it's something to do with my set-up

Very odd!!

Thanks for the help.

Keith