On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 09:11 am, many eyes viewed Keith Powell's words:-
> I have just tried running aspell in a terminal and manually checking a text
> file. It works correctly, so it would appear that there is nothing wrong
> with the Aspell installation. I'll carry on trying to find what's causing
> the problem. Others don't have it with KWord, and I only get it with the
> KOffice programs, so presumably it's something to do with my set-up
>
> Very odd!!
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Keith

Further to my last experimentations I discovered the following

In KWord Settings/configure/spelling/

Dictionary              ASpell default
Encoding                US-ASCII
Client                  International Ispell

Consider run together words as spelling errors enable
Show Misspelled words in Document

And the automagic spell checker works.

But what I did was changed the Client to ASpell I think, and it returned to
Ispell So maybe you have to work in there and it will set itself up?

So everything on the left click menu is now working. Very strange.

In Kpresenter I had some problems, leaving it as default I discovered that on
auto spell check it marked the words, but unfortunately brought up the spell
checker and froze the screen. I couldn't get out without logging out and
coming back in.

Then I placed ASpell as the Client, and it went through all the processes as
with KWord. But the spell checking window flashed onto the screen and then
off again. So I again selected International Ispell as the Client and it went
back to the Dictionary setting as ISpell Default instead of ASpell default
and worked perfectly.

I went back to KWord and it was as above I had left it with ASpell default as
Dictionary and worked without fault.

So it would appear that you have to work round with the KOffice applications
in Whatever KOffice App/settings/configure/spelling/ and take what works,
changing things round a bit so that they can look for what is needed.

Hope this is not to confusing and helps.

Charlie.
--
A steady wind scours the autumn moon
From a stagnant pool,

- Miao Yin (376-380)

This email is guaranteed to be wholly Linux Mandrake 9.2, KMail v1.5.3 and
OpenOffice.org1.1.0