On Saturday 20 March 2004 03:21, Anne Wilson wrote:

> There has been talk of this on the expert list - if you need more info
> try the archives, but the gist, as I understand it, is that there is
> a bug that is proving very difficult to solve.  Booting from cd1
> works on some machines but not on others.  On those machines the
> workaround is to boot from cd2 then go back to cd1.  HTH
>
> Anne

The problem seems to lie in which sector contains the boot catalog.  Some test
ISOs were released to test the theory, and the culprit seems to be that some
CD drives are failing to boot up the CD when the ISO places the boot catalog
in sector 929.  At least, that's the drift I'm getting on the cooker list.
It seems to have held true on my drive.

Glenn

--
04:58:49 up 7:00, running Mandrake Linux release 10.0 (Community) for i586,
kernel 2.6.3-4mdk

When people say nothing, they don't necessarily mean nothing.