On Monday 22 March 2004 08:56 am, Bryan Phinney wrote:
> On Monday 22 March 2004 08:43 am, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> >     OK, then you probly need to look at the motherboard and
> > what controller it's usin to run the CD drive(s).
>
> Soyo KT400 Dragon UP.  VIA chipset and I am using onboard IDE
> controller for the DVD Burner, Primary Controller,
> Master/Single Drive.  No problem with any other bootable
> CD-ROM's.
>
> > Also the bios.
>
> Up to date per Manufacturer.
>
> > Also, it's more important to check the md5sum of the burned
> > CDr, than it is to check the d/l'd iso. 'Course both should
> > be checked and must agree.
>
> md5sum /dev/cdrom agrees with official mirror md5sum value.
>
> >     It's sort'a academic now tho, Warly's found a work-around
>
> I am not complaining, I was able to install and that is what is
> important.  I suspect that if I took the CD2 iso and reworked
> it to add the RPMS files from CD1, I could make a totally
> bootable CD1.  However, I would prefer to wait for Mandrake's
> official release of 10.0 prior to attempting to roll my own
> CD's, or DVD as the case may be.

   Well, there's more goin on than I can contemplate then Bryan.
You certainly should not have any problem with that hardware of
yours.  I'm basing my opinions (ok, bias ;) on my experience that
the only time during the 10.0 development process, IIRC, at
beta1, CD1 wouldn't boot  ... it was because I couldn't check the
md5sum of the burned CDr. A re-d/l (torrent) of the iso cured the
problem.  That an I've made close to a half/dozen sets of 10-CE
CD's for other's ... and they've had no problems. Even on
hardware I wouldn't buy.

    I'm just plain wrong on this. Probly why it took Warly so long
to figure out the problem too.  As to Official, cooker updates
have slowed to a crawl since this last weekend.  In the past
that's a sure sign, that after a little more testing, 10-OE will
be ready. Now whether it'll then be released right away under the
new scheme remains to be seen.
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas
               Proud to be an American