Anne Wilson wrote:

On Thursday 18 March 2004 18:38, ltcddata wrote:

hi

Hi, Data

i downloaded mdk10.0 community and put them onto cds.
for some reason disk one wont boot from cd to allow me to install
on this machine... but does on my other one??
just at the point where it says boot from cd .. the cd then spins
up but fails to load then it goes to lilo.
i have tried to burn it slower and change my optical devices etc
but nothing works.. could this be a bug in the iso of cd1?

There has been talk of this on the expert list - if you need more info
try the archives, but the gist, as I understand it, is that there is
a bug that is proving very difficult to solve.  Booting from cd1
works on some machines but not on others.  On those machines the
workaround is to boot from cd2 then go back to cd1.  HTH

Anne
--

I can confirm M10-Community-download-CD1 is BROKEN. Mine will not boot either, though I must be cautious here, my CD was burnt from failed md5sum iso in order to test for the problem. I've still got to download an effective CD1 iso yet.

John

-- John Richard Smith [EMAIL PROTECTED]