On Wed, 5 May 2004 12:49:34 -0700
Aron Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The biggest linux Thorn in my side is MP3 players Linux just can't
> handle the propriety file systems We need an OSS standard for this.

Dunno what mp3 has to do with proprietary file systems (ITYM proprietary
encoding systems, right?) Well, of course mp3 is encumbered, but I don't
have a trouble with playing or encoding them on linux, and don't
remember ever having a problem. Plus my set-top box and portable player
both support MP3 encoding, and don't support ogg. Of course, if they
did, I'd likely convert to ogg in a heartbeat, but since much of what I
get is mp3 in the first place, I might as well keep it that way :).