On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 22:32:32 +0300, robin wrote:

> > 4 seconds? Cripes, in KDE in 9.2.1 it takes me about a minute and
> > a half! I have a 1.1 GHz Athlon, and a gig of RAM. I monitored it
> > starting with top running, and the most CPU intensive thing
> > running at the time was top itself at about 1%.
>
> Have you tried running it as a different user, to establish whether the
> problem is in your whole installation or just in your own settings?

Good idea. I just su'ed to root and oowriter came up in 10
seconds, so there's obviously something wrong with my user
configuration. Alright, I just nuked my .openoffice directory and
now I can run it in 10 seconds as the regular user aswell.

I wonder what got into .openoffice to cause such a slowdown!

Miark