Hey guess what.  I let it finish downloading the gobbly-guk and then went:
file-save as
netscape saved it as a  .tgz

pretty cool.  by the way it was that Amaya browser.  It looks cool but I can't
search for anything or actually use my keyboard.  Oh well i'll figure it out
and let you all know what the problem is.