On Friday 27 August 2004 16:23, BJ Tracy wrote:
> On Thursday 26 August 2004 05:58 pm, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
> SNIP
> Thanks Hoyt but I'm still a little confused.  From your response you
> have one large hard drive ( I think that is what I see ).
Yes.

> I have three large hard drives - I is perfect and the other two well
> not sure.
If not sure means not mounted then likely they have not been defined in
Mount Point.

>  My question is:  If I go into Mount Points and go to each hard drive
>  and choose the partition size and define it what should they be ?
>  /var another /home ..... just what I'm not sure.  I have all this
>  space and it's not showing up usable.
Do not make duplicate partitions(two with the same name).

> Do I need a swap file on all three hard drives?
No.

> > > Also do I need a swap on all three drives?
> > >
> > > I have gone thru all my books and the net and nothing really
> > > talks about multiple hard drives.
> > >
> > > I'm really confused now on what to do.
> > > Thanks for all your help in advance,
> > > bj
>
> SNIP
> Hoyt,
> Are you using the DiskDrake tool to do this?  The reason I'm askin is
> that /music is not an option neither is /backup.
> I'm not sure of you mount scheme either.
If you use Mount Point to define your part's then they will be mounted.
> Can you call a partition anything you want and assign it to part 1
If you delete all parts and start with all three disks clean then hda
should be the first disk and the first part can be called anything you
want normally '/boot' or '/' but anything you want. Windows even.
> thru 12 ?
Let mount point worry about the part # it knows more about that than you
and I both put together. You might want to put a swap near the begining
for easy and more rapid access.

--
Regards:
Hoyt