Margot wrote:

We seem to be drifting a bit here...

As I said in my original message, I need a solution that doesn't involve screwdrivers - not just because I'm a girl (!) but I have ME - the combination of brainfog plus physical limitations means that installing anything that involves taking the case off the box is beyond my capabilities.

As I understand it, an ethernet card would be installed inside the box - which means that I'd have to pay not only for the card but for the installation of it, and of course there's the inconvenience of having to take the box to the shop etc...plus the cost of the router which appears to be considerably more expensive than the USB modem.

Oh, honestly Margo , it's dead simple to install, piece of cake ! They cost about £5 each, Not crippling.

Right now, I can afford the broadband service plus the USB modem. I'd have to save up for another 2-3 months to go for the other option. I'd appreciate your opinion on this - will the ease of use of the ethernet option be worth the wait and the extra expense?

Thanks
Margot

John