Much has been written on this thread about,

Speedtouch 330 USB DSL modem
Netgear DM602 router/modem

but a preliminary search on some uk suppliers this afternoon suggests the Netgear DM602 router/modem is no longer available here in the uk.

The model most often suggested is the,

NETGEAR DG834 ADSL Firewall £52.17 £61.30 inc VAT
Product Information
Four products in one, DG834 multitalented firewall router combines an ADSL modem, router, four-port 10/100 LAN switch, and SPI True Firewall to deliver broadband access that's continuously available for sharing with all your networked devices. Simple to use, it plugs directly into your ADSL line for instant connectivity to network resources and the Internet, and an integrated switch lets you directly connect up to four computers or any combination of four computers, access points or printers. Setup couldn't be easier with NETGEAR's unique Smart Wizard install assistant helps to guide you each step of the way. The Smart Wizard also automatically detects and makes the optimal connection to your ISP while the True Firewall protects your network with business-class security against intruders, including logs and alerts of break-in attempts. VPN pass-through makes it safe to connect to your business network from home or office. The unit's contemporary, sleek design suits your home or office, and it's wall mountable to save valuable desk space. It is upgradeable with new enhancements via the Internet.

Anyone got any experience with this model ?
Does work well ?

Of course this equipement isn't only a router/modem but also a 4 port 10/100 LAN switch. I could just about cope with a 4port put this leaves me with no room for expansion.

I already have a DES1008D 8 port D-link . Is it then possible to just cross link the two to provide additional ports ?

Or should I look around for an alternative model possibly the same but with an 8port switch.
John