On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 14:33, aron Smith wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 September 2004 09:16 pm, JoeHill wrote:
> > On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 21:04:57 -0700
> >
> > aron Smith disseminated the following:
> > > No ...Power  is the guiding word
> >
> > I know, I know, I'm just yankin' the ol' neocon chain ;-)
> >
> > > guess we'lll just have to start encrypting our mail
> >
> > That's the problem:
> >
> > "What this means is that IP protocols may have to be adjusted, and the
> > future of encryption may also be in doubt."
> >
> > If I'm reading this correctly, adding this extra bit of overhead to TCP/IP
> > will enable both legitimate authorities (due process and all that), *and*
> > the not-so-legitimate the ability to get past things like encryption.
> >
> > I guess the old adage still holds true: if there's something you don't want
> > intercepted, don't send it.
> With a good encryption algorithm they would have more trouble cracking it than
> it would be worth to them ..let's face it what we do is not that intresting
> to anybody.
> Nuke Bomb Anthrax Biological warfare (that ought to get Carnivore's attention

I think y'all bloody well missing the point here - the idea is to make
the internet more feasibly "tap-able" - so that law enforcement (and
anyone else) can very readily and easily intercept data - whether
streaming of what have you. Anything can be tapped and interpreted.

I shan't stand for it, myself. Especially because I'm not living in that
country, and shall pass this tidbit along because I don't need America
dictating how I use my internet, and I don't need America investigating
my communications whilst on the internet.

If they want to spy on Americans, well, let them spy on Americans.

I am no longer an American.

--
stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services :: a kuhn media australia venture

IV. The time required for an object to fall twenty stories is greater
than or equal to the time it takes for whoever knocked it off the ledge
to spiral down twenty flights to attempt to capture it unbroken. Such an
object is inevitably priceless, the attempt to capture it inevitably
unsuccessful. V. All principles of gravity are negated by fear. Psychic
forces are sufficient in most bodies for a shock to propel them directly
away from the earth's surface. A spooky noise or an adversary's
signature sound will induce motion upward, usually to the cradle of a
chandelier, a treetop, or the crest of a flagpole. The feet of a
character who is running or the wheels of a speeding auto need never
touch the ground, especially when in flight. VI. As speed increases,
objects can be in several places at once. This is particularly true of
tooth-and-claw fights, in which a character's head may be glimpsed
emerging from the cloud of altercation at several places simultaneously.
This effect is common as well among bodies that are spinning or being
throttled. A "wacky" character has the option of self-replication only
at manic high speeds and may ricochet off walls to achieve the velocity
required. -- Esquire, "O'Donnell's Laws of Cartoon Motion", June 1980