On Thursday 10 February 2005 05:15 pm, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Mike Adolf wrote:

> <---------------------[ SNIP ]------------------------------------>
>
> > My Zip 100 is internal IDE.  lsusb output shows my printer and empty
> > port.
> >
> > Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04b8:0801 Seiko Epson Corp. Stylus CX5200
> > Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
> >
> > The zip worked in 9.2 with no tweaking.  What is supermount anyway??
> >
> > Mike
>
> Supermount is a program that handles automounting of removable drives.
> It is usualy used for CD's and floppies, but it should handle your ZIP
> drive as well. But it does need the device. Now, udev is susposed to be
> creating devices for the IDE devices it finds. I am not sure why it
> isn't in this case. It is going to require some research...
>
> Could you do something for me? In "/etc/udev/scripts", there is a script
> called "ide-devfs.sh". Could you post the output of this script with and
> without a disk in the ZIP drive?
>
> It could be that the device for the ZIP drive is being created as
> something other then a /dev/hdx...
>
> Mikkel

Output of ide-devfs.sh

WITHOUT disk in drive
ide/host-1/bus1/target/lun0/part ide/hd/c-1b1tu0p discs/disc-1/part

WITH disk in drive
ide/host-1/bus1/target/lun0/part ide/hd/c-1b1tu0p discs/disc-1/part

no difference!

My machine has primary and secondary IDE ribbons with two devices on each.
Ribbon1: Lite On DVD writer and Zip 100
Ribbon2: Floppy and second hard drive.

Mike