Greg Meyer ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> On Sunday 13 February 2005 01:25 pm, RickSisler wrote:
> >
> > Hi Greg, Thx for pkg'ing these, seems to work fine !
> >
> > What output engine do you guys recommend ? I have all of my files as
> > mp3. aRts works with no problems, but I was just curious 8)
>
> My personal preference is xine because it handles streams better, but
> crossfading doesn't work with xine, so if you like crossfading, gstreamer is
> the way to go.  If you can get dmix going, which is a way to do software
> mixing without apps like arts, you can have amaroK use xine or gst and still
> leave arts running for systems notifications and stuff.
> --
> /g
Thx Greg, switched to xine, crossfading is ok, but I can live
without it. Kinda wanted to get away from aRts since I don't run
KDE. Running Fluxbox actually, and I was using Juk, tho' now being a convert
to amarok, it reminds me of Musicmatch .. on the other OS.
They did a nice job on it, I like the cover manager, nice work ;)
Never had that before ..

Have you used it to rip cd's or do you use Grip for that ?

--
RickS
gpg --recv-keys --keyserver www.keyserver.net 0x24AABE61