On Monday 21 February 2005 18:39, Paul wrote:
> Op Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:40:52 +0000 schreef Derek Jennings:
>
> Hi Derek,
>
> >It seems to be working now, but not using the filepath you list
> >http://www.nlpagan.net/squirrelmail/  gives me a squirrelmail login.
>
> *grin* Thanks for trying, but the nlpagan.net part is a place on a
> hosting system that I use for my domain.
>
> I already set the imapservername in Squirrelmail to the cp4... address.
> That helps a little. At least I get a welcome screen from Squirrelmail.
> Now it seems that I have to figure out how to add courier-imap to xinetd
> to make the 'connection refused' message go away. If someone can help me
> there, that would be much appreciated!
>
> Paul

Mandrake's courier-imap runs as a daemon. Start it with
service courier-imap start
and you can make it start at boot with
chkconfig courier-imap on

You should not have port 143 open on the firewall, because squirrelmail
communicates to port 143 on localhost.
(In /etc/squirrelmailconfig.php set '$imapServerAddress      = 'localhost';' )

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org