Op Mon, 21 Feb 2005 20:33:09 +0000 schreef Derek Jennings:

>> I already set the imapservername in Squirrelmail to the cp4...
>address. > That helps a little. At least I get a welcome screen from
>Squirrelmail. > Now it seems that I have to figure out how to add
>courier-imap to xinetd > to make the 'connection refused' message go
>away. If someone can help me > there, that would be much appreciated!
>>
>> Paul
>
>Mandrake's courier-imap runs as a daemon. Start it with
>service courier-imap start
>and you can make it start at boot with
>chkconfig courier-imap on

Yes, I already set up a symlink in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d for that. It is
running, I can use it on the pc where it is installed, through any
e-mail program.

>You should not have port 143 open on the firewall, because squirrelmail
>communicates to port 143 on localhost.
>(In /etc/squirrelmailconfig.php set '$imapServerAddress      =
>'localhost';' )

That was the default. If I set that back, I can't even get to the
login-page of Squirrelmail. My normal pc's name is 'nwyfre', that is
also how it is set in /etc/hosts. When I access the main page of apache
from 'outside', that is okay (using http://cp143764-a.mill1.nb.home.nl/
. When I want to access Squirrelmail, the addressbar translates to
http://nwyfre/squirrel. It looks as if the localhost setting from
/etc/hosts is then used to point to the location of Squirrelmail. And
since nwyfre is not in any DNS, that is where everything seems to keel
over.

But more trial and error another day, it's late now. Thanks for the help
(also to Mikkel!)

Paul