Hi everyone,

I have set up squirrelmail on courier-imap at my home PC (Mandrake 10.0).
When I am on the machine things work well, but when I try to load
Squirrelmail from another location, I get the famous message:

Bad Gateway
The following error occurred:
[code=DNS_HOST_NOT_FOUND] The host name was not found during the DNS
lookup. Contact your system administrator if the problem is not found by
retrying the URL.

My setup: I connect to the net through a cable-connect. My provider hands
out an IP-address through DHCP. The provider authenticates through a code
for my PC. When I go to my webserver (http://<code>) I get the welcome
screen I set up. When I try to load Squirrelmail though
(http://<code>/squirrel) the Bad Gateway comes up.
This also happens when I try to connect to it directly through the IP
address.

Interestingly enough: when this problem occurs, the URL changes to the
local machine name (nwyfre.merlijn) that I set up at home. And that,
indeed, is not in DNS.

I have checked the settings of the directories, these should be fine:

ls -l /var/www/html
total 32
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root 4096 Aug 14  2004 addon-modules
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root 4096 Feb 15 17:30 images
-rw-r--r--   1 root root  251 Feb 20 22:23 index.php
-rw-r--r--   1 root root  785 Feb 21 09:01 info.php
-rw-r--r--   1 root root  713 Feb 20 22:23 menu.php
drwxr-xr-x   2 root root 4096 Feb 15 17:29 org
drwxr-xr-x  16 root root 4096 Jan 22 04:41 squirrel
-rw-r--r--   1 root root    5 Feb 16 21:29 standaard.php

I suspect there is something in Apache that needs tweaking but I am not
too educated with that (yet). Does someone have a pointer or two for me?

Thanks,
Paul