On Saturday 19 Mar 2005 03:00, Philippe Landau wrote:
> hello Rosemary
>
> >  I'm wondering if it's fair to ask this question,
>
> perfectly fitting question :-)
>
> > or to plug on myslef.  I think, though, that if I plug on myself,
> > I will continue going to Win for this function.
> > Camera Sony DSC-W1/W12
>
> http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/w1.html
> nice camera, and officially supports MacOS X so unix/linux.
> you could simplify your task by just
> connecting a (Memory Stick) card reader to your computer.
> your camera support USB 1 and the much faster USB 2.
>
> > according to
> > http://www.johnwyles.com/archives/2004/07/16/sony_dscw1_in_linux.php
> > this camera works.
>
> these are instructions how to work with it using gtkam.
> are libgphoto2, gPhoto2, and gtkam already installed in your system ?
>
> > I have looked at the suggestions by others, but really too new to
> > understand what to do.  Any help really appreciated.
> >
> > If anyone can direct me I'd be grateful.  I have begun reading the
> > various references - just makes me overwhelmed
>
> sure, let's go step by step.
>
> kind regards     philippe

I have installed libphoto2, gphoto2 and gtkam, as per johnwyles.

I've looked at the various suggestions on his website, but being a newb, and
the various suggestions being diff distribs, feeeling - as I said -
ovewrwhelmed.

Scanner and camera only things needed in windows.  Scannner not really an
issue, as rarely used, but camera used often.  Would be good to get it going.

Well - truth is, used to do things in Publisher, which haven't learnt yet -
but guess that will come ....  Same with photo apps ...  and making cards etc

cheers
Rosemary