On Sunday 20 Mar 2005 20:20, Margot wrote:
> Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:
> >>Lastly, I'd recommend getting the latest packages for Digikam.  The ones
> >>with the distro are fairly old, and it sometimes helps.  I'm running
> >>digikam-0.7.1-1tex.i586.rpm.
> >>
> >>Anne
> >
> > Okay - thought I would do that.  Tried urpmi but it wouldn't do it.
> > Can't remember speciafically the message.  It was about updating I think
> > - so did the update.
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] rosemary]# urpmi digikam-0.7.1-1tex.i586
> > urpmi database locked
>
> If your urpmi database is locked, which often happens after a failed or
> interrupted download/installation, as root in terminal:
>               rm /var/lib/urpmi/.LOCK
> and
>               rm /var/lib/urpmi/.RPMLOCK

Yes - found the answer in the Twiki - where I should have looked before I
posted :-).  Thanks for replying though.

It's now telling "No such file or directory".  Yet I know I downloaded it!
Downloaded again and it tells me it's installing packages to satisfy
dependencies - so we'll see!  This time I simply clicked on the 'open' button
in the firefox download window by the file name.  That seems to get the
software installer going because it prompts for root password.

cheers
Rosemary