On Friday 18 Mar 2005 14:13, Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:
> I have installed libphoto2, gphoto2 and gtkam, as per johnwyles.
>
> I've looked at the various suggestions on his website, but being a newb,
> and the various suggestions being diff distribs, feeeling - as I said -
> ovewrwhelmed.
>
> Scanner and camera only things needed in windows.  Scannner not really an
> issue, as rarely used, but camera used often.  Would be good to get it
> going.
>
> Well - truth is, used to do things in Publisher, which haven't learnt yet -
> but guess that will come ....  Same with photo apps ...  and making cards
> etc

Rosemary, I haven't been paying attention, as I've been busy with other
problems, so sorry if I ask things that you've already told us.

When you switch on your camera, do you put it in playback mode?  Does
following the johnwyles instructions for setting up the camera give you the
display as he describes it?  I would think that getting the camera setup
sorted first would be the problem.  Once that's done you can go ahead trying
to add the camera to gtkam or digikam.

Anne
Have you visited http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org yet?  Mandrake at all levels