Ron Hunter-Duvar wrote:

On April 2, 2005 05:26, Daniel Anderson wrote:

On Friday 01 April 2005 04:49 pm, Erylon Hines wrote:

On Friday 01 April 2005 12:40 pm, Daniel Anderson wrote:
| I'm going back to my TRS80 model 4.
|
| Dan

OMG! I had one of those. I think it cost- like -
$1650, which is probably about $10,000 in today's dollars.

I still have mine, still works, dabbled a little in basic with it. I put in
the extra memory and two 720k drives. Paid $50 for it used.

And the first 386/25. I still have that laying around somewhere, or at
least pieces of it--4 MEGS of RAM-whoo hoo--that was one hell of a
machine. I actually ran Linux on it, for a while, kernel 1.x something,
maybe 1.2, I can't remember exactly. Yup, them were the good ole days.

I've got you all beat. I started on a Cosmac Elf with 256 bytes of static ram, a hex keypad and 2-digit 7-segment display! An RCA-1802, the best 8 bit cpu ever built. Composite tv output (40x25), and audio tape storage were also available. My brothers and I soldered the components onto the motherboard ourselves.

And I walked to work bare feet in the snow, 5 miles, up hill both ways 8^).

Do you really want to start comparing who has the oldest hardware sitting around? I think there is a lady on this list that has us all beat. (Especial after I junked the model 33 teletype last year.)

Mikkel

--
Remember:
Sometimes the dragon wins!