Hi,

I know there are are already previous posts regarding this problem but I
have tried everything Ive read so far and still Im at a loss and would
appreciate someone helping me out if they know what should be selected for
my particular video card.  Its easy to say "go setup through x configure"
but when I do that I always get a screen that only shows the top right of
the screen with a horrible low colour depth, all dotted, and the rest goes
off the monitor and I cant scroll or do anything.  I have managed to get to
a slightly smaller text mentioned below but this also has a horrible low
colour depth and isnt a better resolution.

My computer details:
Jetway 910af motherboard
pentium III 500, 64Mg RAM
intel 82810 and 82C810AB and 82C802AB chipset
(Intel (R) 810 Chipset Graphics Driver PV1.1)
Intel GMCH built-in On board high performance AGP VGA
(Memory being resizable using just what is needed depending on what is
running.)
Integrated hig performance & high quality 2D/3D engine
Integrated programmable 24bit true-colour RAMDAC upto 230Mhz pixel clock.
Panasonic E70 17" monitor (TX-T7F22)
Horizontal specs - 30-70
vertical specs - 50-180
VGA, SVGA, VESA compatible
max res - 1280x1024 - 60 Hz
Max pixel clock - 108 mHz

The best I can get from running x config is using these settings:

choose a card - unsupported compatible VGA
pick a server - SVGA
monitor setup - custom
H range - non interlaced SVGA 1024x768 @60, 800x600@...
Video memory - 1MB
 40-150

I select multiple screen resolutions and when I go into linux the ctrl alt +
doesnt work either.
I still get the horrible low colour depth and 640 like resolution but its a
little smaller enabling more to fit on the screen.

Ive read through email lists, faqs, support, and I see many others with the
same problem and not getting anywhere as all they get back is "use the
xconfig..."  I have tried it so many times Im starting to get rather
frustrated with this and would really appreciate someone helping me out.

 I do have a patch from Intel and a driver for intel.  But Im not familiar
with linux (yet!) and dont even know how to run either of them!  dumb huh!

Gina