The best advice I can give someone at your level is to get a CD with an
installable image on it from LinuxMall.com.  I got 10 different brands
of Linux on CD for $.99 each. It will be hard enough to install even
using the CD.  Your dilemma may require you to compile binary source
code, and then you may find you don't have all the necessary files.  You
are looking at hours, even days of work. The CD's come with everything
you need.  You will still find later that you'll need a Linux book and a
command line.  This ain't Winders!

Good luck!