"Pittman, Merle" wrote:

> DHCP depends on your ISP, whether they require you to use it or not.  And
> since you are using dialup (Kppp) , I would say that you do need it.

Your network administrator should be able to give you a static ip address for
your LAN.  This should fix your problem.  From what I have heard by lurking
here, there is a bug with dhcp client that drops the ip address for the lan
when you are given the address over ppp.  Put lan address in static and all
will be well.