OK, my turn (again!!) I had a problem with my main box and I
re-installed 7.2 just as I had done on my laptop. I'm coming to you via
my laptop now. The main box seemed to load up ok. Then I try ti connect
to the net and I get the same problem that the original poster has with
his connection when he lost his hi-speed line.

I hear the modem dial ok and seems to connect, but netscape doesn't want
to. I did the same setup that I used for the laptop. Do I have some
strange hardware problem? Everything seems to run alright otherwise.

I only setup both boxes via linuxconf and the kppp setup dialogs. I'm
really confused!
pete